Entrepreneurship is the word of the day and more and more people are looking into setting up their own business. However, setting up your own business is no small task. The first and foremost obstacle is funding. Gathering up enough money to take the plunge is a big risk. Banks often decline loans if they feel the startup may not succeed. And paying that much out of your pocket is sometimes just not feasible.
In such scenarios, people often turn to grants and government funding as an avenue of recourse. However, contrary to what Television programs and infomercials show you, setting up a new business is a lot more work than you imagined.
No money is ‘free money’ Most of us, when looking for grants, have the notion of getting ‘free money’, i.e, an investment without commitment. However, much like loans, most grants have some kind of conditions attached. For example, in many cases, to get a grant, the applicant themselves have to put up a financial deposit in order to prove their commitment to the project. Another criterion may be a guarantee of more jobs for the community.
The situation, as you can see, is daunting. Small Business Grants Ontario thus provides you with some crucial tips that can make your dream a bit easier to realize.
1. Know your terminology The term “small business grants” appears rarely on Government websites. This is mostly because pure grants for small business are unusual. However, you can search for terms like “small business financing”, or possible awards, contributions, subsidies, rebates etc to get some help in setting up your business. Strictly speaking, these aren’t grants, but considering you won’t have to pay them back, it works well enough.
2. Know your industry Some industries have an easier time getting grants. For example, agriculture and food are a priority industry when giving out grants, as are technology, science and R&D. Grants for retail businesses however are notoriously difficult to obtain. Know which industry your business would likely fall in so that you do not waste time applying in the wrong sectors.
3. Using hub sites to search. Hub sites provided by the Government provide a full list of possible grants available for dispensing, including small grants. Search in these sites to help look for opportunities that may be best for you.
4. Take advantage of the programs that do exist. Programs like the SR&ED Tax Credit can get you tax benefits which can be termed as ‘free money’. There is no hassle of making a proposal, submitting it, waiting for a review and finally acceptance. You can create your project and simply apply for tax returns. Be sure to follow the rules though.
5. Crowdfund Your Idea Since we live in an age with modern amenities and technological innovations, one would be remiss in not using these opportunities. Websites like Kickstarter and Indiegogo deliver the perfect platform for startups to collecting vesting capital. Crowdfunding has recently gained a surge in popularity. However, with the rise in attention, it also means more competition for businesses looking to get funds. Unless you make your business interesting to the general public, it will join the long line of projects that go unfunded.
Starting your own business is a monumental task. But with the right proposals, you can make your life a little bit easier. Getting grants may not be easy, but it is not impossible either. And now, you are better equipped to make the right choices in securing your future.
Having a hassle free moving experience sounds too good to be true –something that has been talked about for ages but never really achieved in real life scenario. Moving is a stressful job, especially if you don’t wish to seek any help from the professionals such as Calgary movers.
You can recall from your past experiences that the moving costs turned out to be unexpected as soon as the movers dropped the bomb on you with their final figures. I bet you felt a little duped due to your inability to do anything because you already availed their services, but there’s something you should know. There are numerous factors you might be unaware of that affect moving costs, and this article will guide you regarding some of the factors you should watch out for while making your next move:
1. Interstate Vs Intrastate:
First thing to keep in mind –Distance matters! Most logical of all, you can relate from your road trip experiences that driving to a far off place means greater expenses. We’re not just talking about the fuel but also the people who are involved in the transit process. The longer the journey, the difficult it becomes for them to maintain their efficiency as you would expect. Intrastate moves cost much less than interstate moves. Besides, who doesn’t love relocating somewhere in a familiar state?
If your new house is not easily accessible, you have got a problem. By accessibility we mean whether there is enough space for the large moving trucks to get near to the entrance. If the trucks can’t reach anywhere near the entrance, be prepared to shed some extra cash because all that extra work they will do for putting your stuff to the trucks is not free of cost. Surprised?
3. Extra Efforts In Packing:
If you own multiple collections or invaluable antiques, beware. The priceless things often need to be handled with extra safety and packed accordingly. You wouldn’t want your antiques to be packed hastily resulting severe damage during the transit process. Your dearest things require special packaging with lots of shock absorbent materials such as Styrofoam and bubble wraps. Besides all the attention, they also tend to elevate the number of boxes that are to be moved.
4. The Magnitude Of Move:
If you live in a gigantic house as shown in the movies, you will definitely have to pay a lot more than an average person would consider paying. The obvious reason would be the enormous size of stuff that needs to be packed and moved. An increased number of boxes indicate greater packing efforts and a tight transit schedule to get the things done within the deadline.
5. Time Of Move:
If you are planning on moving at the end of the month when leases end for most of the people, say goodbye to your hard earned money. The concept can be related with surge pricing where the increased demands at a specific time period compel the business owners to become opportunist and mint a little extra cash. In case you really want to save some money, try making a mid month move. You won’t be charged any extra money on the grounds of peak hours and other related stuff.
Apart from all this, the movers and packers’ policies also affect moving costs. Why don’t you give a call to Calgary movers for a hassle free moving experience?